Start Developing the Habit of a Daily Devotional
This booklet, 30 Days of Household Devotions, will help you get started with household devotions, using a simple pattern that can work for almost anyone! To purchase this booklet click here.
Ideas to try:
- PRAY! Ask God to reach into your life and do His will. Ask him to guide you and give your the discernment to hear His voice.
- Pick a time of day. Are you a morning person? A night owl? At what time during the day are you less likely to be distracted?
- Choose a place. Find a comfy spot. Remove any distractions. Establishing a habit is likely to be more successful if you return to the same spot each day.
- Pick a book. There are many apps available, including LHM’s daily devotional app that you can use on your phone. Holding a printed devotional and your Bible in your hand, means you are less likely to see your notifications and more likely to hear hear God’s still silent voice.
- Grab a notebook. Write down any prayers that are on your heart. Make notes of anything that comes to mind while you meditate on the passage.
- Share! Did the devotion or passage that you read bring a friend, family member or acquaintance to mind. Take a moment to share it with them!
- Dig a little deeper. If you are using a devotional that highlights a section of scripture, pick up your Bible and read the whole chapter. If you have a study Bible, check the study notes.
- Build community. Do you know someone that has the same desire to build dedicated devotional time? Choose the same study material to encourage and challenge each other with your insights and questions.
- Keep going! Life does get a little hectic and you can miss a day or two. Give your self a little grace and carry on.
God’s Word is a light to our path. It speaks to us of God’s love, His compassion and forgiveness toward all people, and how He sent His Son to die for our sins. In the Bible we learn how to love God and how to bless and serve others. Most of all, we learn about Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Click here to purchase.